Public Hearing this Tuesday!
It’s finally happening – the City of Arlington City Council Public Hearing for the Hike and Bike System Master Plan will be held:
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Arlington City Hall
101 W. Abram Street
Things to know about the meeting:
- wear yellow. Bring your Hike and Bike Plan support shirt if you have one. We will have more to hand out.
- fill out a card when before you enter council chambers, mark it in support, and mark whether you wish to speak.
- the total amount of time supporters will be allowed to speak is 20 minutes (same for those opposed). Each speaker should get 2 minutes to speak at the most. If you are comfortable speaking, are a business owner, or represent an organization, please do speak.
- since the speaking time is limited, you do not need to speak. The visual of having as many supporters as possible in the room will make a huge impact, so come out and bring your friends!
- stay respectful. These meetings can get pretty heated, so take a deep breath and remember to stay calm, only speak when permitted, and be sure to thank Council for their time.
- the limited speaking time means this will likely be a shorter meeting, so please try to show up as close to on time as possible. Council chambers will be open well before the meeting so feel free to show up early. The public hearing is the first regular item on the agenda, so it should be underway by 7:00.
- we are having a short Ride to City Hall for the meeting. If you’d like to join, meet us at Old School Pizza and Suds (603 West Abram Street) at 5:30. We will leave by 5:50 to ensure plenty of time to lock our bikes, get shirts, and sign-in for the meeting.